Every Sunday at YGP audiotorium of Padma Seshadri Bala Bavan, T Nagar, Chennai,India reading session for Visually challenged students is being conducted.
All you need to do is, just drop in at the above said venue and read out the study material brought in by the students. Though the major requirement is for the Tamil reader, we do require English readers to an extent.
The session would start exactly at 10.00 am on every Sunday and ends up at 12.30 pm noon.
1. What if I am not familier with Tamil language?
You can still volunteer yourself to assist students on English.
2. Do I need to bring text books along with me?
No, the students will bring their own materials.
3. Do I need to be a member of any Charitable trusts or clubs to volunteer to this activity?
No, not at all required.
4. How many students will be assigned to a reader?
It depends upon the batch those students belong to. It might vary from 1 to 5 or so.
5.If I am a new comer, Do I need to register to volunteer?
No, not necessary.
6. Can I bring my friends along with me who could also volunteer?
Yes, you can bring frines along with you.
7. Will I be paid any sum for this activity?
No, you wont be paid. Its an 100% self volunteers program.
8. Which organisation/ trust actually run this?
Sathya Sai samiti, Nungambakkam, Chennai.
9. Bus route?
Valluvarkottam bus stop. [47,147,17,147, 10,9 bus series]
10. Venue: Padma Seshadri Bala Bavan, YGP Auditorium, Thirumalai Pillai Road, Chennai 17.
11. Landmark: Vidhyodhaya School, Thirumalai Pillai Road
You can forward this to those who are in chennai.